In this episode of our Strategy & Leadership Podcast, we spoke with Catherine Rigod Halprin, the Vice President and Head of Strategy at Geometry Global.
She directs the business and creative outcomes for clients, steering their brand or products in the direction of their goals. She then works together with her team members to help the organizations put their plans in place.
In this conversation, Catherine chatted with us about:
- Biological and brainwave alignment when listening others, and how it can help you hear other’s perspectives. (When you stop listening, you begin to focus back on your own perspectives!) Learning to listen can have positive impacts across your organization.
- When working with others, remember that you are speaking to people – avoid too much jargon and data, and make time to take a people first approach to communication whenever possible.
- Selling your product or service is not just a B2B or a B2C venture – regardless of your target market, try to focus on a B2P (business to person) perspective. By taking a humanistic approach, you can better engage your employees, stakeholders and customers. When you make a genuine connection to client base, they will build a greater trust in your product or service and you can learn how to position it to fit within their values.
- Communication is important. Competing for attention in today’s world is difficult – It is important both to respect others by paying attention to what they are saying and to gain other people’s attention and respect when you want to communicate and share a message. This will help you become more authentic in your business relationships, whether you are a manager or co-worker. (Eye contact goes a long way!)
- To align strategy and performance, make sure you spend time and determine what the KPIs are and that your entire team (or client) is aligned on the action items that can help them meet their strategic objectives and KPIs. If you don’t have a KPI, you haven’t defined the purpose behind your brand or what you are doing. Strategic planning and regular evaluations will help you set your KPIs as well as check-in on your progress throughout your implementation cycle(s).
Listen to our full interview with Catherine below: