"Our mission is to provide managers and leaders the tools, frameworks, and expertise to help them create and execute on their strategic plans successfully."
Who Are We?
Founded in 2011 in Vancouver BC, SME Strategy specializes in helping small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and non-profits with their strategic planning and organizational alignment. We specialize in facilitating strategic planning sessions so that your team can have a clear vision of success and an action plan to get there.
Every day, you and your team face choices: What to do, where to go, what you're going to focus on, and more. Your decisions rarely affect only you, they affect: your organization, your employees, their families and their communities.
We want to empower you and your team to make the best choices to create the future you want.
How to create a strategic plan.
Deciding to create a strategic plan and having a strategic planning meeting is your first step to a successful future, Congrats!
The next step in creating a strategic plan is getting your people aligned and on the same page in terms of what the successful future is, and what steps you need to take to get there. (Watch our overview of the strategic planning process)
From there you want to create an action plan, measurable goals and a system to stay accountable to those goals.
Why SME Strategy?
We make strategy development and execution easy for you and your team by adapting our process to how your team works.
Not only can we help you with creating your strategic plan, but also with cascading the plan to other teams and departments but also with keeping your team accountable to the execution.
Our Aligned Strategy Development process has been used in dozens of different industries around the world and helps teams get focused, aligned and bought-in to your strategic plan quickly.
This means you spend less time planning and more time doing.
Bonus! We're fun and you're going to enjoy working with us!
Our aligned strategy development process
A great way to get started is by having a focused strategic planning meeting.
Our four step process:
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to go?
- What's going to get in our way?
- What do we need to do in order to get to where we want to go?
Get your team on the same page at each stage- before moving forward.
For your plan to be successful you need to be aligned at three different levels:
- Alignment with the leadership team.
- Alignment with your vision, mission and strategic priorities.
- Alignment with the rest of your organization: From the top down and the bottom up.
Without an Aligned Strategy, you risk wasting time, money and energy.
Employees won't be engaged, you'll have communication silos at all levels, and your strategic execution will suffer.
Articles you might like:
- Overview of the strategic planning process.
- Best practices for creating strategic priorities
- What is scenario planning, and how to use it.
- What does "culture eats strategy" mean for you and your organization?
- One day strategic planning agenda
- Two day strategic planning agenda
- 10 things you can do today to improve your strategic planning and alignment.